Our clear and independent real estate valuations give you the information you need to make effective decisions and develop strategies to extract the full potential of your investment.
There are numerous reasons to have an independent professional real estate valuation. MNP delivers valuations to help you:
- Establish a fair asking price and acquire market knowledge to use in final negotiations on the sale of a property
- Develop market lease rate estimates to justify internal cash flows and negotiate lease renewals
- Estimate replacement costs for insurable value
- Calculate loss of value in the case of litigation
- Estimate compensation for expropriation matters
- Undertake market analysis and feasibility studies for new developments
- Calculate capital gains
- Obtain mortgage financing
- Calculate the fair division of assets in divorce and estate matters
- Determine fair value and componentization for financial reporting purposes (accounting)
- Reviewing property assessments and appeals
Our real estate valuations include a detailed analysis of your property and the real estate market for that property. The general scope of our review includes the following:
- Internal and external inspection of the property, with photographs, personally completed by the valuator
- Detailed description of the property including a review of the blueprints
- Consultation with the municipal authority with respect to land use controls, assessment data, and mapping data
- Property title search and review of encumbrances
- Review of the current and potential use of the property
- Review of statistical and related data regarding the community and market in general, used to examine market conditions and analyze the possible effects on the subject property
- Review of comparable property sales (improved and bare land) and lease information
- Analysis of the replacement cost estimates of the improvements based on the Marshall Valuation Service Costing Manual and information from local contractors
- Examination of the gathered data to assess the value of the property
- Presentation of a draft report and an explanation of our valuation approach and reasons for our conclusion
Our real estate valuations are completed by a senior accredited member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada carrying the AACI designation (Accredited Appraiser of the Canadian Institute) and are in conformance with the Canadian Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
For more information on how MNP can perform a property and real estate appraisal, please contact your local MNP business valuator.
Founded in 1938, the Appraisal Institute of Canada (“AIC”) is the premier real property valuation association in Canada. AIC members are highly qualified valuation professionals who undertake a rigorous program of professional studies, examination and experience before being granted a designation.